Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Baby Shower

On Saturday, May 16th I had my first baby shower, hosted by Leanne, Tania and Staci. It was unlike any baby shower I have ever been too and the girls worked so hard to make it extra special. The shower was so much fun! So many of my friends and family can to celebrate Addison. I feel so blessed to have so much love and support!
The shower was a pink and black French theme. Ooh La La! The room was gorgeous! There were pink & black balloons, black & white stripped table cloths and beautiful floral arrangements. The Eiffel Tower shown above was a gift from Tania for Addison's room.
Instead of playing games, the girl's planned a crafty surprise! When the guest arrived at the shower, they made a small scrapbooking page with their name and wrote down a word of advice. I took an individual picture with everyone at the shower as well. So, when the scrapbook book is complete, I will have a page from every guest with their name, picture and advice. How cool is that!
The food at the shower was amazing! We had chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, pasta salad, cheese, meat balls and a variety of danishes. For drinks we had a variety of sparkling juices from World Market. Everything was delicious! In fact, I have been craving the food from my shower all week!
For dessert we had yummy designer cupcakes. There were 4 flavors: strawberry, chocolate & peanut butter, carrot cake and chocolate with vanilla icing. I had the pleasure of trying all 4 and the carrot cake was my favorite... the peanut butter came in as a close second. The party favors were adorable as well. Every guest received a French music cd with a custom made label and a gourmet chocolate in a precious pink box.
At the end of the shower I gave the hostesses their gift, which was a beach bag with an embroidered beach towel, flip flops, sniffs, candle and fan inside. Those girls worked hard to make my shower so special and I am just so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: