Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend... Ours was busy, but we had a lot of fun. On Saturday, Brian and I went to Brushy Creek Park with our Sunday School class to play with the boys from the Texas Baptist Children's home. Our class sponsors a cabin of boys and we try to get together with them once a month. I had to leave early because I had a lunch date with Tawnya. She came over to see Addison's room and then we went to lunch at Taco Real in the 1890 Ranch. After lunch we went to J Crew at the Domain so she could make an exchange. I have not been to the Domain in 5-6 months and was totally amazed at all the new development. Tawnya and I had a fun afternoon!
Saturday evening John and Stephanie brought over Torchy (John's new Red Heeler puppy) to play with Rodnee. I will say that Rodnee met his match with Torchy and they played hard core for a couple of hours. We ordered pizza and just watched them play away! By the end of the night they were both exhausted.
Sunday we spent the day with Staci. We started off by going to church at Austin Stone, then to lunch at Wahoo's fish tacos (yummm) and then to Ikea. Ikea is a great place, but really tested my patience. We went to get a bookcase for Addison's room and while we did successfully accomplished our mission, it was hard to keep my hormones in check. After Ikea, we went to Staci's pool and recovered / relaxed. We had a fun day with Staci!
Monday we worked on the house, put the bookcase together and then went to Milburn pool to relax.
It was a great, long weekend full of fun, fellowship and relaxation!

No comments: