Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

32 Week Doctor's Appointment

I had my 32 week doctor's appointment, Brian unfortunately could not go with me because he is in San Antonio for a network installation. Addison's heart rate was down at 132 (she has been consistently in the 150's). Dr. Solomon did not seem too concerned and thought she might be sleeping. He confirmed that she is still head down and should remain that way until delivery. My fundal height was 33cm, so we are still a week ahead in growth (but not development). Today we talked a little about my birth plan and if I was anxious about delivery. I told him I my birth plan is to get her out and I am not too anxious about delivery. I know everyone's birth story is different, I am going in with an open mind. My anxiety may rise a bit as we get closer, especially after our birthing class. I told him my only concern about delivery was how I was going to get him to deliver her! There are 5 doctors in the practice that could potentially bring Addison into the world (even though the nurses do majority of the work). He told me to either deliver on a week day or on one of his on-call evenings or weekends, haha. He did say that if I was dialated to 2cm on my due date (July 16th) then he said we induce me. So all is well with Addison... I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks.

No comments: