Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

33 Weeks: Pineapple YUMMM

Boy oh boy am I getting big... I am starting to forget what life was like without this belly! The other night I asked Brian if he remembered when I had a somewhat flat stomach, he laughed. While this pregnancy has gone by fast, it is starting to feel like I have been pregnant forever! I feel like my due date has been miscalculated (haha) but when I look at cute pregnant women who are obviously closer to their due date that me, I realize I still have some growing to do. Don't get me wrong, having the blessing of life growing inside me brings me so much joy. I think I will even miss being pregnant! There is nothing like feeling Addison move inside me, in fact when I have not felt her move, I wake her up so I can get a quick kick or punch just so I know she is ok.
From the Baby Center:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments: