Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Birth Story

Addison Rose Betzen
Saturday, July 18th 7 Pounds 9 Ounces 20 Inches Long On Friday I thought I was leaking fluid, so I called a nurse and she told me "if it was not running down my leg than it was not amniotic fluid". She was a bit rude and made me cry because I knew something was not right. I called Leanne and she said I need to call back and talk to a different nurse. I told her I would and instead took a nap. When I woke up I leaked more fluid and it was pink tinged, I called the after hours nurse line and they told me to go to the hospital. I asked if I need to take my hospital bags and they said yes. So, I called Brian and drove myself to the hospital. Upon arrival I went though all the admissions stuff and was sent to my L&D room. They asked me a ton of questions and I asked them if I would have to go though all this again when I come back to have this baby... I seriously did not think it was going to happen that day (remember I had no progress for 4 weeks straight). Well they tested the fluid and told me they hoped I brought my bags because I was staying. All of a sudden that labor & delivery room got very lonely! I had not planned on having a baby that day and there was so much I needed to do. I called Brian and told him we were having a baby... we were so excited to finally meet our baby girl. I was dilated to 1.5cm and 85% effaced (not bad for a day). They broke my water at 9:00pm and that is when the real contractions started. At 10:00 they gave me a shot to take the edge off and another shot at 11. At 12 I got my epidural even though I was only at 2cm. Getting the epidural was the worst part, but it was delightful once it was in (even though it gave me the shakes pretty bad). Brian says the epidural turned me from a lion to a kitten. Once the epidural was in, they started the Pitocin and cranked it up every 30 minutes. Brian and I slept off and on the entire night. At 5am I was 5cm and 6am I started feeling a lot of pressure, the nurse came in and said the baby was telling her it was time. Turns out I was 10cm! So I pushed for 15 minutes and baby Addison came into this world with no complications! Thank you God for the sweet miracle of life. I must say that was the most incredible experience of my life and our married life. We were both crying and could not believe our eyes. She is so perfect. Our birth story was incredible and we feel so blessed.

No comments: