Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

40 Weeks: Happy Due Date

I have waited for this day to come for so long! 40 weeks, wow time really did fly by! I think due dates are over rated and think doctors should give you a "due range" instead of a specific date. We still have some time to wait before Addison will make her arrival (11 more days) according to the revised "plan". I go in on Monday to see Dr. Hughes (my temp doctor) and will get a stress test.
I am actually doing pretty good! I am walking and doing yoga to try and progress things. I am not sure if it is helping, but it makes me feel better that I am trying. I am believing that my body will progress so that I can have a natural birth.
Please just continue to pray for my body to progress and handle these last 11 days... pray also for the health of our precious baby girl.
From the Baby Center:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that no one has been pregnant forever, though it may seem like it sometimes. This does not bode well for the future, however. I foresee lots of "Hurry up, Addison" and "Aren't you ready yet" in your future. :)

Love, Aunt Susan