Thursday, July 2, 2009

38 Weeks: <14 days to go

We are so close to the end of this pregnancy! This past week definitely seemed like the longest yet. I am feeling pretty good, just the normal end of the pregnancy stuff. I finally started packing our hospital bags yesterday. I still have some shopping to do, but I am not too worried about it. Brian and I also need to make our final trip to Babies R Us to purchase the final necessities.
I have started spending time in prayer specifically in regards to L&D and becoming new parents. Hopefully this will help me focus less on the scary stuff and more on Him. He blessed us with this child and I know that He will give us the strength to deliver and figure this whole parenting thing out.
"I can do everything though him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
Our doctor's appointment is at 8:00, hoping for a good progress report!
From the Baby Center:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Note from Carrie: There is a 99% chance that Addison's eyes will be blue. 1% that they will be green.

No comments: