Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Addison's Revised Birth Date - The New Plan

Today was a pretty big appointment for us.
  • My blood pressure was 97/60
  • Addison's heart rate was 144
  • Measured right at 40 weeks
  • 0% Effaced, 0cm dilated

So obviously I am not progressing towards labor and there is not much I can do about that. My doctor goes on vacation starting tomorrow and will return on the 27th. I have an appointment with Dr. Hughes on Monday at 11:40 for a stress test (NST) and will check all the normal stuff (blood pressure, heart rate, size, etc.). I will see Dr. Hughes again on Thursday. If on Thursday I am 50% effaced and 2cm dilated then we will start the induction process on the 26th and Addison will be born on the 27th. If I have not progressed then we will schedule a c-section for the 27th.

The blessing is that it looks like my doctor will deliver Addison after all! I am not thrilled about the extended pregnancy, but oh well! God is in control, not me.

The prayer is for me to progress so I can have natural childbirth (medicated of course). We are also nervous about the higher possibility of me having a c-section, so please also pray for peace.

No comments: