Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

37 Weeks: We are Full Term!

I will say that being officially full term is amazing and a total blessing. As most of you know, I spend way too much time on the internet and am fully aware of all the different complications, etc. that can occur during pregnancy. I feel like this pregnancy has gone by so fast, in fact just the other day I read our entire blog because I felt like I had forgotten half of the amazing journey. Woah, what an adventure it has been. Thank you Lord for our healthy baby girl!
On the opposite end, I have started to feel a little sad and somewhat overwhelmed with all the changes that are about to occur. It has just been Brian, Rodnee and I for so long. I am all about change, but this is a big one that will change EVERYTHING. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to be a mom and to start this new chapter... it is just scary because we are moving into new territory. Brian and I had a long talk about this yesterday and I must say that I have the most amazing husband. We are an awesome team and are ready to take on this new chapter. Rodnee on the other hand is another story... it will be an interesting transition for him.
So how am I feeling? I still think I am doing good for having a 6 pound baby in my belly. My walking has turned more into a waddle... my swelling is still under control unless I get hot... I am still exercising 3-5 times a week... still have a lot of pain and pressure...
Addison is doing good... I think she wants out and I am perfectly ok with that! Our doctor's appointment is tomorrow and he will check me for dilation and effacement. I am hoping that there will be some progress,but who knows. From the Baby Center:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments: