Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

McKenna Noelle Betzen - The Birth Story

McKenna Noelle Betzen
Born Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 8:57 am
7 Pounds, 4 Ounces
18.75 inches long
After the Christmas Eve service we came home and ate Chicken a la King, Happy Birthday Jesus cake and read the Christmas story. After we put Addison down, we started getting ready for bed. I have been sleeping in the upstairs guest bedroom every couple of nights so Brian and I can get decent rest (rolling over with my belly is quite the task). When I got in bed I heard Addison start crying, so I got up to go see what was going on and my water broke. I yelled downstairs to Brian that my water broke and he asked me if I was sure I did not just pee myself (love my husband). I told him I was sure, so he came up and helped me to the bathroom and got a panicked Addison from her crib. We called my parents to come get Addison, finished packing for the hospital and we were on our way to bring our precious daughter into this world.
I got checked into the hospital and around midnight my doctor came into talk to me about my options since I was not in active labor. We decided to hold off on the pitocin so I could get some rest, so I took two Ambien. They pretty much knocked me out until 5:00 when I started hurting. I got a shot of pain medicine. At 6:00 we decided to go ahead and start the epidural and pitocin. Everything was administered by 6:30 and I went back to sleep. Around 8:15am the nurse came in because McKenna's heart rate fell off the monitor, she had a hard time finding it and when she would it would fall off again. The head nurse came in and said they needed to internally check for her heart rate. When she checked me she said that I was ready to push! I had felt a little pressure, but being only 2 hours since the pitocin started I just thought I had a weaker epidural. The called the doctor in and two and a half pushes later McKenna Noelle entered into this world.
This labor and delivery was easier that Addison and I did not think that was possible! I am also so thankful that my doctor got to deliver McKenna.
Our hospital stay was short and sweet, we actually got released a day early. It was so nice being in the comfort of our own home.

No comments: