Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!

I woke up this morning at 4:00am thinking about tomorrow’s sonogram. It is very exciting and also a bit nerve wracking! I tend to worry a lot, in fact Brian said he is not worried because I am worrying enough for both of us. I guess I spend too much time on my July 2009 Birth Club message board. At tomorrow’s appointment, they will check for the following things:

  • Look for and identify congenital malformations
  • Structural abnormalities
  • Verify dates and growth
  • Identify hydramnios or oligohydramnios – excessive or reduced levels of amniotic fluid
  • Evaluation of fetal well-being
  • Determine sex of the baby

With BB’s cooperation we will be announcing the sex and name of our child. While BB is a name that will stick with us forever, we are excited to give this new life a real name! If BB does not cooperate, I am not sure what we will do. It may be God’s way of telling us that we need to wait until birth. That is a decision that Brian and I will make tomorrow if necessary.

As for now, I will be meditating on these scriptures throughout the day. Please join me in praying for the health of BB.

Romans 8:28 (Thank you Jeni for this scripture) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

No comments: