Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby Betzen: 19 Weeks

Almost halfway there! Some days it seems like time is flying by and others it is going so slow! Right now we are just planning the nursery. We have the furniture finalized and the bedding ordered. We still need to find a rocker / glider for the nursery and need to paint. Tomorrow we are going over to Tania & Kimballs and I will go over paint colors with her to see what she thinks. Tania is my fashionista best friend! She is up to date on all the latest trends for clothing and decorating! She is going to be a HUGE help in planning the nursery.
I am still feeling great! I work out between 4-5 hours a week doing mostly cardio. I have had issues with my sciatic nerve, so I ordered a pregnancy yoga dvd that will apparently help ease the pain. Overall, no major complaints... Addison is such a blessing and feel like I can tolerate any symptom for the next 4+ months. I am feeling her move more frequently, which is pretty awesome. I just wish Brian could feel it!
From the Baby Center:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments: