Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pregnancy Quiz: Take 2

I was reading posts (from not that long ago) when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Addison. I thought it would be fun to post the quiz again with my pregnancy with McKenna. Name: Carrie Age: 32 Birthday: Sept. 1 Birth Place: Austin, TX Height: 5'9 Pre-weight: Still not Telling Father's Name: Brian Age: 32, but almost 33 Birthday: Nov. 8 Birth Place: Hereford, TX Height: 5'11" Are you still together? Always and Forever How did you find out you were preggo? I was feeling like I was pregnant (but not thinking I really was), so I took a pregancy test just to make sure. I was very shocked when it came back positive. What kind of Pregnancy test did you take? I can't remember the brand but it was digital HEB brand. I remember asking the nurse if I should get a name brand test to make sure I was really preggo How many? 2 What were your 1st symptoms? Exhaustion, Nausea Who did you tell first? Leanne (I was freaking out). I went to the Carter's store to get Addison a "Big Sister" t-shirt, size 2 was the smallest size they had (makes sense). I put it on Addison for when Brian got home from work, he freaked out when he saw it but was very excited. Who was with you when you found out? Addison was down for her afternoon nap Was your baby planned? We planned on having another baby, this little blessing surprised us though! How far were you when you found out? 6 weeks per the baby size at our sonogram How did your parents react? Both sides were very surprised, Addison was only 9 months when we announced the pregnancy. We announced the pregnancy at Addison's Baby Dedication lunch with all our family and close friend. My baby Due Date: December 24th Do you know the sex? Yes If so, boy or girl? Girl Any names? McKenna Noelle Any Ultrasounds? Yes, 6 weeks (to confirm pregnancy, we had no idea how far along I was), 8 weeks to compare size and 20 weeks for organ check Have you heard the heart beat? Yes! Who do you think it will look like? I think she will look more like me since Addison looked so much like Brian at birth Will the baby have siblings? Yes, older sister 17 months apart Have you felt the baby move? Yes, she is a lot more calm than Addison, but I love feeling her move inside me. Miscellaneous Did you have morning sickness? A little, but nothing too major Did you have any cravings? Jalapeno chips, pepperocini's Did you have any mood swings? Not really...I can justify every emotion I have experienced during this pregnancy :) Brian would probably answer this question differently Formula or Breastfeeding? Breastfeeding - Goal 9 months Have you bought anything for the baby yet? NO! There is not a lot to buy since we are having another girl but there are several things I will get before her arrival. When did you start to show? 18 Weeks How long could you wear your regular clothes? 20 Weeks Will you keep the babies clothes? Some of them Home or Hospital? Hospital. Natural or Medicated birth? Medicated Who will be in the delivery room with you? Me, Brian Do you think you will need a C-section? I hope not Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time? Yes What the 1st thing you might say to the baby? Hey sweetheart Will you let anyone video tape the birth? Heck no Are you excited? YES!!! I cannot wait to hold a sweet baby in my arms again! Addison's baby stage went way too fast! The thought of having a newborn and a 17 month old can be overwhelming at times though. Who will help you with the baby after the birth? Our families and close friends What is your favorite thing about being pregnant? Blessing from God and something I do not take for granted What is the worst thing about being pregnant? Heart burn, physical limitations in playing with Addison and giving her what she needs (carrying her when she needs comfort for long periods of time is the hardest). What's one thing do you miss doing since being pregnant? breathing normal after doing simple tasks (walking up stairs, getting off the couch). Any days you wish you were not pregnant? Yes, when I cannot fulfill Addison's needs or when I have to go up and down the stairs a million times in one day Are you ready for a baby? Yes, ready for a baby, but still some prep work to do before she arrives Do you have insurance? Yes How many kids do you want? 2, maybe 3 Do you talk to the baby? Sometimes Do you still feel attractive? Yes and No, I am gaining a lot less weight during this pregnancy thanks to the Addison aerobics, but I still have a lot of unattractive moments. Do you like kids? Love them, but older toddlers / kids I dont have experience with freak me out because I have not experienced that "stage" yet. How far along are you now? 33 Weeks

No comments: