Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dream Nursery & Addison's Big Girl Room

When we found out we were having another baby girl, we were super excited! Addison's nursery was pink and brown and I knew I wanted to do something different for McKenna's. Yellow is my favorite color and I did some research online and at etsy.com and found my idea room. I was talking to my friend who loves interior decorating about my idea and she said her mom could make all the bedding, curtains, etc. One Sunday afternoon we took a trip to the fabric store to pick out everything. All I pretty much did was push the cart, I have no clue what fabrics go together. Tania managed the entire project and the nursery was unveiled to me at McKenna's celebration.
So here is, the "You Are My Sunshine" themed nursery... I LOVE IT!!! I am also so excited for McKenna to have such a special nursery designed by people who are so important to our family. Usually people go all out for the first child, I feel like McKenna got the better deal nursery wise.
Here is the design team...

Tania was the project coordinator and the "designer", Barbi sewed EVERYTHING and made the Dream Nursery possible & Vicki did the amazing artwork! I am so blessed to have such creative people in my life... did I mention that I truly ADORE every one of them!

Now onto Addison's room...

For Addison's "Big Girl" room, I wanted to do something that would allow us to use all the pink and brown stuff we already have and reflect on her spunky personality. I found this bedding set at jcpenney.com and thought it was perfect! We bought the furniture at Rooms to Go and like it because it is something she can use until she goes off to college. You can tell I did the "designing" because the room is empty, haha. I am going to see if my wonderful "design team" can help me out.

Now here is the confusing part... Addison is going to be sleeping in McKenna's nursery for a few months. Even though Addison is an incredible sleeper (12+ hours uninterrupted), she loves her crib and I don't want to take it from her until she feels settled after McKenna's birth. We will probably try moving her into her "big girl" room when she is about 21-24 months. McKenna will be sleeping in a pack n' play in Addison's room until we do the big move.

No comments: