Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BB2 Has A Name!!!

After much discussion we have finally decided on a name for our little Christmas blessing. Her name will be McKenna Noelle Betzen.
For some reason we could never settle on a name. Before we got pregnant we liked Sophia and Lily for a girls name, but then when we found out we were having a girl those names did not feel right. Our top two names during this pregnancy have been Hailey and McKenna. We have always liked McKenna. For awhile her name was McKenna Grace, but we were never settled on the middle name. I was at Target a few weeks ago and the lady at the register asked me when I was due, I told her December 24th and she got excited and said she wanted a Christmas baby so her daughters middle name would be Noel. Bingo... that was it! I texted it to Brian and we knew that was our daughters name.
Her name means "Daughter of a handsome man born around Christmas Time". No wonder Brian loved the name McKenna, haha. We chose the spelling of Noelle because it just looked pretty.
We are almost 31 weeks pregnant and everything is going great. We are still on track for her December 24th due date but I am hoping to deliver her a week early because my brother's wedding is on December 31th. God knows this and I am trusting in his plan! I would be devastated to not be there, but there are enough techies in our family who can wire a few cameras so I can at least watch the ceremony. The more important thing is for McKenna to cook as long as needed and for me to have a medicated natural delivery. A c-section would be very hard since I will have a 17 month old to take care of.

1 comment:

Mrs. Jenk said...

beautiful name- I love the Noelle addition.