Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Real Mother's Day

Over the years I have been a "mother" to cats, dogs and fish... we have always celebrated Mother's Day in some shape or form even though I was not a mother to a precious child. Last Mother's Day was different because not only was I a mother to Rodnee my furbaby, I was 7 months pregnant with our first child. Celebrating my first Mother's Day was amazing because we have been blessed to have the most precious daughter in the world. Before I became a mother, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what it would be like... I was very very wrong. There have been very tough trying times, but mostly there have been times of pure joy. I am totally blow away by what an immense blessing it is to be a mother. Never in my wildest dream did I think I would love sweet Addison as much as I do. Being a mother is the best job in the world and I thank God everyday for the opportunity.
This Mother's Day was even extra special because we dedicated Addison at church and we were planning on announcing our pregnancy at her dedication lunch.
The dedication service is not a baptism (that comes when she is older and can make her decision to make Christ the leader of her life), it is a vow to raise our child in such a way that leads her to make that decision. Addison was the oldest baby on stage, I was a bit nervous she would let out a loud babble or growl, but she did so good!
After church we got home and took some family pictures outside.
Then Brian took Addison upstairs to change her into her "Big Sister" outfit so we could announce our pregnancy to our family and friends. Brian and I were so nervous!
My dad was the first to see!
Picture with GG and Grandpa...
Brian's grandparents... LOVE THEM!

No comments: