Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Exciting News!!!!

We are very excited, humbled and blessed to announce that Addison is going to be a BIG SISTER! It is so hard to imagine because she is so little! The babies will be 17th months apart. BB2 (Baby Betzen 2) is due December 24th.
We were 6 weeks when we found out we were pregnant and now we are 12 weeks. This first trimester has FLOWN by because we have been so busy with Addison, selling our house, work, etc. We saw the doctor today and everything is looking good! Hearing the heartbeat beat so strong (158) was awesome. What is interesting is that was the same heart beat as Addison at 12 weeks. We will find out the sex of the baby at our 20 week appointment in August.
Please join us in praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby! We feel so blessed to have BB2 on the way. It is going to be a little crazy in the beginning having the babies so close together, but I know it will be wonderful!
Here is the story on finding out and spreading the news...
For about a month I had been nauseous and tired... I finally took a pregnancy test and it was positive. The only issue was that I had no idea how far along I was. I came up with the idea to buy Addison a Big Sister onesie to announce the news to Brian. I called Carters and they said they do not have Big Sister onesies, only a t-shirt (size 2T to be exact). I guess that made sense. I put it on Addison for the big reveal when Brian got home. He was excited, shocked but excited (my same reaction).
After getting the positive pregnancy test we went to the doctor the next day to find out how far along I was, turned out I was 6 weeks. The baby was a little tiny bean with a heartbeat of only 100 (perfect for that age). We went back to the doctor for the standard 8 week appointment and everything looked good, heartbeat was 158.
We decided to tell our family and close friends on Mother's Day because we were having a luncheon after Addison's dedication. Everyone was very excited!

No comments: