Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today I found out I was pregnant... that was the day that changed my life, my marriage, my faith, my everything... FOREVER... for the good of course! Being pregnant and having a life form inside of me was the most amazing experience ever and God willing I look forward to experiencing it again within the year. It is so much fun reliving that day! I could not believe it when I found out I was pregnant and now I am holding our precious baby in my arms. Below are the blog posts from that magical day! Couple of things I did not mention in the blog:
  • On our way to dinner we had a long conversation in the car. He said, "we better stop talking or else we wont have anything to talk about a dinner." Boy was he wrong!
  • I was leaving for Germany the next day and totally dropped an emotional bomb on Brian before I left. It was pretty much... hey baby I am pregnant... holy cow... see you in a week! haha. There is no way I could have gone a week without telling him. Looking back it would have been nice to process things together... not with me across the pond.
Psalm 139:14-16 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 1 Samuel 1:27 For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him. Blog Post from November 7, 2008 http://thebetzens.blogspot.com/2008/11/315am-on-november-7th.html "I have been feeling very tired and nauseous all week, so I decided today I would take a pregnancy test. I woke up at 3:15 (why I still do not know) and decided to go take the test. I figured the test would tell me I am not pregnant and then I would go back to sleep... boy was I wrong. The test said I was pregnant. I cried and laughed and keep thinking "no way". I was in total shock, but it was a good kind of shock. I called my doctor and set up an appointment for Friday, December 5th at 8:10 (I did this when Brian was in the shower, sneaky me). I went to the grocery store to get Brian some food items for next week while I am in Germany and decided to get another test to confirm. As soon as I got home, I took the test (before putting up the groceries) and it was positive as well." Telling Brian: http://thebetzens.blogspot.com/2008/11/holy-cow.html "I decided a long time ago how I would tell Brian I was pregnant when the time came. We already had plans to go to dinner downtown tonight to celebrate Brian's birthday, so I put my plan in motion. Before dinner I took him to the place he proposed to me (a dock on Town Lake, near Shoreline Grill). He figured out where we were going, but had no idea why I would take him there. I told him this is where we started the first chapter of our lives together, so I thought it would be a good place to tell him about the second chapter and then told him I was pregnant. He was totally shocked! He said "Holy Cow" about 100 times that night. We cracked open a bottle of sparkling cider and toasted each other with the glasses we used on our wedding night. Then we went to dinner and had a wonderful night of celebration. The night was perfect. When we got home I showed him a book I got him called the Baby Owners Manual and the positive pregnancy test results. Holy Cow."

No comments: