Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Addison 16-18 Months

It is so hard to believe that my "baby" is a year and a half old. It just keeps getting more and more fun! Here is Addison at 6 months... she has changed so much and now looks like a little girl!
Here is a brief overview of the last three months...
Addison is a super fun, spunky toddler with a ton of personality! Addison wears 12-18 month clothing, size 4 shoe (almost ready for a size 5) and a size 3 diaper. She can walk, run, skip, spin, dance, kick, throw and jump (rarely leaves the ground). She knows too many words to list, her colors, animals, body parts, animal sounds, some shapes and songs. Her favorite songs to sing are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald... it is really cute. We moved Addison to one nap at 17.5 months, it was a blessing that she kept two naps for so long. She still sleeps 12 hours at night. We are so thankful for our good sleeper! Addison knows when she goes pee pee and poo poo and went pee pee on the potty for the first time. She is always happy to announce she went poo poo and starts pulling on her diaper. Not sure when we will actually try potty training, probably closer to two years. The biggest thing that happened was Addison becoming a big sister at 17 months! Overall, I feel she has adjusted as well as can be expected. She loves her "baby doll" and tries to help me do the simple tasks like getting a blanket, putting the pacifier in her mouth, burping, bouncing and swinging. I let her hold McKenna and she thinks it is the coolest thing ever. She loves to give her "sista" kisses as well. My prayer for Addison is that she will feel loved and secure in our family. I am trying my hardest to meet the physical and emotional needs of both my kids and it is challenging at times. Favorite Things To Do:
Read
Puzzles
Stacking Blocks
Dancing
Singing
Play "Ring around the rosie"
Eating... I swear she eats all day long Not Interested In:
Brushing her teeth (could use some advice here)
Watching TV
Vegetables I took Addison in for her 18 month well check and we are so thankful that Addison is a healthy, happy (most of the time) toddler who is right on track developmentally! Weight: 22.5 Pounds 25th Percentile
Height: 32 Inches - 75th Percentile
Head Circumference: 45th Percentile We discussed potty training, tantrums, discipline, teeth brushing, etc. I know I have said this before but I adore my pediatrician. She always takes the time to answer all my questions and never rushes though things.

No comments: