Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2 Week Well Check

This morning I took McKenna to her two week well check and I am happy to say she is thriving and doing great! Here are her stats:
Weight: 8lbs, 2.1 Ounces (50th Percentile) Height: 20 Inches (50th Percentile) Head: 36.75cm (80th Percentile) I am glad her body is catching up with her big head, haha. Her head looks normal until you try to put a hat on it. I am in love with her full head of brown hair, I am pretty sad it most likely fall out. You can see the blonde, which is what I think her hair color will be if you look closely. So, how are we doing??? Here is a quick update on our precious family of 4. McKenna is a good baby. I have her feeding every three hours during the day and do not wake her at night to eat. I also give her a formula bottle ever day or so. She sleeps in a pack-n-play outside our room and seems to be content. Eat, sleep, poop is her motto right now. I have been doing tummy time with her since we brought her home from the hospital and her neck is getting very strong. She sleeps swaddled, but enjoys time on the play mat to swing her arms and kick her legs. She grabbed her first toy on the play mat today! The newborn stage, while quite boring at times, it very delightful! It is so nice having one kid who stays were you put them! Addison LOVES her "Baby Doll", she has been so helpful in getting me blankets, bouncing Mckenna in her bouncer and loving on her. She also give McKenna a ton of kisses everyday! Addison gets a little impatient during the last few minutes of the feedings, I try to keep her entertained as much as possible during these down times. Addison is such a good big sister and it is sweet to watch them together. I will give more of an Addison update on her upcoming 15-18 month post. Brian has been a ton of help with both of the girls! It was such a blessing having him home the week after McKenna was born. I know the girls enjoyed extra time with their Daddy as well. Brian's business is doing great, defiantly keeping him busy, which is good! Brian is an amazing father and is such a blessing to all of his girls. I am doing good as well. My recovery has been easy and I am just enjoying adjusting to my new role as mother of two! I also am LOVING not being pregnant! That was the third best Christmas gift after Jesus and McKenna, haha. I have some weight to lose, but I think it will be easy chasing after a toddler and taking care of my baby. I am still doing contract work for Micross and help Brian with AAC, it is nice to do something different even if it is just a few hours a week. So far it is going good (when everyone is acting right)... much better than I thought. I know there will be high times and low times to come, I am just going to enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast.

No comments: