Weight: 9 Pounds 7 Ounces (55th Percentile)
Height: 22 Inches (75th Percentile)
Head Circumference: 36.5cm (40-45th Percentile)
Facts from the first month:
- Addison screamed the first five days of her life, it was a very difficult time for both baby and the parents.
- We were blessed with a lot of visits from friends and family.
- She started going to bed around 10 and only waking up once between 1:00 and 3:00 to be fed. This continued throughout the entire month. Thank you Lord for the gift of sleep!
- Addison loves to be bounce on a big exercise ball. Sometimes it is the only thing that will calm her! She definately is an active child and cannot just chill in someone's arms unless she is sleeping.
- Addison's neck is very strong.
- She loves lights and will just stare out a window or lamp
- She has started taking interest in her play mat, looking at all the different animals and patterns.
- She makes the cutest squeaking and grunting sounds.
- She sleeps in her crib... in her room.
- Can easily get overstimulated in large crowds.
- She is starting to love the pacifier.
- She has a fussy time starting at 6:00, the doctor says this is colic.
- She shed her first tear, it was heartbreaking
- We are exclusively breastfeeding.
- Lactation consultants are brilliant, I highly recommend visiting one if you plan on breastfeeding. The first week of feeding was rough, I cried every time she latched because it hurt so bad. I can totally see why people stop breastfeeding! Luckily the problem was an easy fix and things have improved dramatically.
- Rodnee (our dog) has been dealing with doggy depression since coming home.
- Rodnee is very curious about Addison and cannot figure out why she wont play with him. He has dropped his toys on her head, nudged her trying to flip her over, etc. Needless to say I have to keep an eye on him while Addison plays on the floor.